- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi met H.E. Mr Scott Morrison, Prime Minister of Australia on the sidelines of India-ASEAN and East Asia Summit 2019 at Bangkok on 04 November 2019.
- During the meeting both leaders reviewed the progress made in bilateral relationship and noted that frequent high level meetings and exchanges at all levels have created positive momentum in the relationship and reaffirmed their desire to further strengthen India-Australia bilateral relations.
- The two Prime Ministers reaffirmed their commitment for a free, open, transparent and inclusive Indo-Pacific region for promoting peace, security, stability and prosperity. The two leaders noted that the strategic and economic interests of both countries are converging , which opens up opportunities for working together bilaterally, regionally and multilaterally.
- Noting the enhanced engagement in defence and security fields, both sides agreed to enhance cooperation in maritime domain. The two leaders discussed the threat of extremism and terrorism and agreed to work closely to tackle this menace.
- Prime Minister Modi reiterated his invitation to Australian Prime Minister to visit India in January 2020 and to his keynote speech at Raisina Dialogue. Both leaders underlined the need to have thorough preparation to ensure a successful outcome from the visit.
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will deliver a video address at the event ‘Global Citizen Live’ on the evening of 25th September, 2021.
‘Global Citizen’ is a global advocacy organization that is working to end extreme poverty. ‘Global Citizen Live’ is a 24-hour event which will be held across 25th and 26th September and will involve live events in major cities including Mumbai, New York, Paris, Rio De Janeiro, Sydney, Los Angeles, Lagos and Seoul. The event will be broadcast in 120 countries and over multiple social media channels.