- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi met H.E. Mr Scott Morrison, Prime Minister of Australia on the sidelines of India-ASEAN and East Asia Summit 2019 at Bangkok on 04 November 2019.
- During the meeting both leaders reviewed the progress made in bilateral relationship and noted that frequent high level meetings and exchanges at all levels have created positive momentum in the relationship and reaffirmed their desire to further strengthen India-Australia bilateral relations.
- The two Prime Ministers reaffirmed their commitment for a free, open, transparent and inclusive Indo-Pacific region for promoting peace, security, stability and prosperity. The two leaders noted that the strategic and economic interests of both countries are converging , which opens up opportunities for working together bilaterally, regionally and multilaterally.
- Noting the enhanced engagement in defence and security fields, both sides agreed to enhance cooperation in maritime domain. The two leaders discussed the threat of extremism and terrorism and agreed to work closely to tackle this menace.
- Prime Minister Modi reiterated his invitation to Australian Prime Minister to visit India in January 2020 and to his keynote speech at Raisina Dialogue. Both leaders underlined the need to have thorough preparation to ensure a successful outcome from the visit.
The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi paid tributes to Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay on his birth anniversary.
Shri Modi said that the personality and work of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay, the founder of Antyodaya, who dedicated his entire life to the service of Mother India, will always remain a source of inspiration for the countrymen.
The Prime Minister also shared his thoughts on Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay.
In a X post, the Prime Minister said;
“मां भारती की सेवा में जीवनपर्यंत समर्पित रहे अंत्योदय के प्रणेता पंडित दीनदयाल उपाध्याय जी का व्यक्तित्व और कृतित्व देशवासियों के लिए हमेशा प्रेरणास्रोत बना रहेगा। उनकी जन्म-जयंती पर उन्हें मेरा सादर नमन।”
मां भारती की सेवा में जीवनपर्यंत समर्पित रहे अंत्योदय के प्रणेता पंडित दीनदयाल उपाध्याय जी का व्यक्तित्व और कृतित्व देशवासियों के लिए हमेशा प्रेरणास्रोत बना रहेगा। उनकी जन्म-जयंती पर उन्हें मेरा सादर नमन। pic.twitter.com/2UvRlSaEF2— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) September 25, 2023