- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi met H.E. Mr Nguyen Xuan Phuc, Prime Minister of Socialist Republic of Vietnam on the sidelines of India-ASEAN and East Asia Summit 2019 at Bangkok on 04 November 2019.
- The Leaders reaffirmed the historical and traditional friendly relations between the two countries and emphasized that India-Vietnam relations have been built on a firm foundation of cultural and civilisational links and are marked by mutual trust and understanding as well as strong cooperation in regional and international fora.
- It was highlighted during the meeting that recent high-level exchanges between both countries have resulted in robust cooperation in several areas, expansion of defence and security ties, forging of closer economic and commercial linkages and deepening of people-to-people engagement.
- Noting the enhanced engagement in defence and security fields, both sides agreed to enhance cooperation in maritime domain. The two leaders discussed the threat of extremism and terrorism and agreed to work closely to tackle this menace.
- The two sides reiterated their desire to promote peace, security and prosperity in the Indo-Pacific region. Both leaders committed to the maintenance of a rules-based order that is based on respect for international law, including the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS). This will promote independence of navigation, overflight and rules-based trade in South China Sea.
- Prime Minister Modi conveyed India’s readiness to work closely with Vietnam as the incoming Chairman of ASEAN for 2020, and during its tenure as non-permanent member of UNSC for2020-2021.
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will inaugurate InFinity Forum, a thought leadership Forum on FinTech, on 3rd December, 2021 at 10 AM via video conferencing.
The event is being hosted by International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA), under the aegis of Government of India in collaboration with GIFT City and Bloomberg on December 3 and 4, 2021. Indonesia, South Africa and the U.K. are partner countries in the first edition of the Forum.
InFinity Forum will bring together the leading minds of the world in policy, business, and technology to discuss and come up with actionable insight into how technology and innovation can be leveraged by the FinTech industry for inclusive growth and serving humanity at large.
The agenda of the Forum will focus on the theme of 'Beyond'; with various sub themes including FinTech beyond boundaries, with governments and businesses focussing beyond the geographical boundaries in the development of global stack to promote financial inclusiveness; FinTech beyond Finance, by having convergence with emerging areas such as SpaceTech, GreenTech and AgriTech to drive sustainable development; and FinTech Beyond Next, with focus on how Quantum Computing could impact the nature of Fintech industry in the future and promote new opportunities.
The forum will witness participation from over 70 countries. Key speakers at the Forum includes Finance Minister of Malaysia Tengku Mr. Zafrul Aziz, Finance Minister of Indonesia Ms Sri Mulyani Indrawati, Minister of Creative Economy Indonesia Mr. Sandiaga S Uno, Chairman and MD, Reliance Industries Mr. Mukesh Ambani, Chairman & CEO SoftBank Group Corp. Mr. Masayoshi Son, Chairman and CEO, IBM Corporation Mr. Arvind Krishna, MD and CEO Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited Mr. Uday Kotak, among others. NITI Aayog, Invest India, FICCI and NASSCOM are some of the key partners to this year's Forum.
The International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA), headquartered at GIFT City, Gandhinagar Gujarat, has been established under the International Financial Services Centres Authority Act, 2019. It works as a unified authority for the development and regulation of financial products, financial services and financial institutions in the International Financial Services Centre (IFSC) in India. At present, the GIFT IFSC is the maiden international financial services centre in India.