Gujarat BJP’s Sankalp Patra for 2012 Vidhan Sabha Elections released
Sankalp Patra is a strong commitment towards development, it’s a blueprint for the next 5 years: Shri Modi
Sankalp Patra is a vision and action plan: CM
Manifesto focuses of all round development of the state touching all sections of societyOn the afternoon of Monday 3rd December 2012 the Gujarat BJP released the Sankalp Patra, its manifesto for the 2012 Gujarat Vidhan Sabha Elections. The Sankalp Patra is a comprehensive document listing out a clear and coherent vision for the development of all sections of society over the next 5 years. Shri Narendra Modi, Leader of the Opposition in the Rajya Sabha Shri Arun Jaitley, Gujarat BJP President Shri RC Faldu and BJP National Vice President Shri Purushottam Rupala were present at the occasion.
Speaking on the occasion Shri Modi said that the Sankalp Patra is not mere promises but a strong commitment towards development. It is a blue print for the next 5 years where both a vision as well as action plan has been listed, the Chief Minister said.
Shri Modi said that the Manifesto has taken special care of the neo middle class that has emerged in the last 10 years and is enjoying the fruits of development. He added that the Sankalp Patra does not only talk about youth development but also youth led development. The Chief Minister stated that the Sankalp Patra gives importance to Skill, Scale and Speed.
Some of the salient points of the Sankalp Patra are:
- Setting up of a Lake and Wetland Authority.
- SAUNI Yojana, which will take the waters of the Narmada to Saurashtra.
- In addition to the 22 lakh houses in the last 10 years (in contrast to the 10 lakh houses & that too in poor condition built during 40 years of Congress rule), 50 lakh houses. A special department led by the Chief Minister to execute this.
- A comprehensive approach for promotion and development of sports in Gujarat.
- Stress of forward and backward linkages in agriculture sector, where Gujarat has been shining over the last decade.
- Agriculture fair every 2 years with a special focus of integrating technology with agriculture.
- Textile Policy that will establish Gujarat as the textile hub of India and safeguard interests of the farmers. Cotton farmers do not have to be at the mercy of Government of India.
- State wide Wi-Fi network.
- Special focus on women development, enabling more and women to be a part of Sakhi Mandal and get integrated in the journey of progress.
- State Government will become guarantor for youngsters who seek loans to start new initiatives.
- Focus on milk production and how to make the process smoother.
- Increase land under irrigation.
"Sankalp Patra" of Gujarat BJP: A commitment to inclusive development of Gujarat
The Sankalp Patra is a visionary document that will take Gujarat to greater heights under the dynamic leadership of Shri Narendra Modi.