On Friday 14th February Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated the state-of-the-art Sanjeev Kumar auditorium. Shri Modi recalled the rich contribution of Sanjeev Kumar to Indian cinema and expressed confidence that the Auditorium will serve as the cultural centre for Surat and will also encourage youngsters.A state-of-the-art auditorium to remember the proud son of Gujarat and versatile actor, Sanjeev Kumar.
Sanjeev Kumar Auditorium
- A tribute to the versatile actor when film industry is celebrating 100 years.
- Awards won by Sanjeev Kumar will be placed in the auditorium.
- The auditorium celebrates the life of this talented actor.
- State-of-the-art auditorium built at a cost of over Rs. 100 crore.
- Strategically located in one of India’s most upcoming cities of Surat.
- Adequate parking for cars and 2 wheelers. Over 100 cars and about 250 2 wheelers can be parked.
- Auditorium can house 1140 people.
- Excellent infrastructure for artistes- 6 AC green rooms with attached toilets, facilities for make-up tables, wardrobe in the Back Stage.
- 2 rehearsal rooms can accommodate 30 artistes.
- 2 crèche rooms and a projection room.
- Large stage (20.00 mts X 11.00 mts) to accommodate all kinds of programmes.
- State-of-the-art lighting, which can support all kinds of performances.
- 100% back up power by DG set giving uninterrupted power.
- Top quality 34,000 watt capacity audio system has been installed.
- Food court with good food and environment.