CM addresses GKM via video conference

Published By : Admin | September 8, 2012 | 17:49 IST

Forth round of Garib Kalyan Mela

 

CM addresses GKM via video conference

 

State government has distributed benefits worth

Rs.12,500 crore to 85 lakh poor beneficiaries through 1000 GKM

Chief Minister Narendra Modi addressed people today via video conference as a part of the fourth round of Garib Kalyan Mela. Chief Minister said the state government has distributed benefits worth Rs.12,500 crore to 85 lakh poor beneficiaries through Garib Kalyan Melas (GKM).

“So far about 1000 GKM has been organized by the government which were participated by around one crore people”, he said. Besides, through its initiative ‘Vanthanbhi Vikasyatra’ the government has carried out over 25,000 development works at the cost of Rs.30,000 crore in 4100 taluka panchayat seats, the Chief Minister added.

Speaking about the objectives of GKM the Chief Minister said, “the aim is to give the benefits directly in the hands of poor, and to free the poorest people from the shackles of poverty”. With a view to provide basic knowledge of computer, which is essential in this era, to the poor youth the state government has launched ‘empower’ programme, he said.

Mr. Modi outlined the Rs.40,000 crore Vanbandhu Kalyan Yojana and the qualitative changes the scheme has brought to the lives of tribals in Ambaji to Umargam belt. Chief Minister also spoke about Sagarkhedu Vikas Yojana for the seafarer community across the 1600 km. seacoast of Gujarat and about Rs.25,000 crore Shaheri Garib Samruddhi Yojana for the welfare of poor living in city areas.

Mr.Modi appealed people to beware of those who delude public with the luring schemes on paper. He said that while some elements mislead poor with empty words, his government has actually implemented various schemes related to health, education, employment and skill development for the tribals, dalit and baxipanch communities. Gujarat is the only state which has provided houses/plots to all the BPL of 0-16 category, he said.

Explore More
ଶ୍ରୀରାମ ଜନ୍ମଭୂମି ମନ୍ଦିର ଧ୍ଵଜାରୋହଣ ସମାରୋହରେ ପ୍ରଧାନମନ୍ତ୍ରୀଙ୍କ ଅଭିଭାଷଣ

ଲୋକପ୍ରିୟ ଅଭିଭାଷଣ

ଶ୍ରୀରାମ ଜନ୍ମଭୂମି ମନ୍ଦିର ଧ୍ଵଜାରୋହଣ ସମାରୋହରେ ପ୍ରଧାନମନ୍ତ୍ରୀଙ୍କ ଅଭିଭାଷଣ
Small merchants built UPI's reach. Here's what government data shows

Media Coverage

Small merchants built UPI's reach. Here's what government data shows
NM on the go

Nm on the go

Always be the first to hear from the PM. Get the App Now!
...
Prime Minister condoles the loss of lives due to a fire tragedy in Birbhum, West Bengal
August 17, 2026
Prime Minister announces ex-gratia from PMNRF for the victims of the mishap in Birbhum, West Bengal

Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi today expressed deep anguish over the loss of lives due to a fire tragedy in Birbhum, West Bengal.

The Prime Minister extended his condolences to those who have lost their loved ones and prayed for the early recovery of the injured. He added that the local administration is actively assisting those affected in the mishap.

In a post on X, the Prime Minister's Office shared:

"Anguished to hear about the loss of lives due to a fire tragedy in Birbhum, West Bengal. I extend my condolences to those who have lost their loved ones. May the injured recover soon. The local administration is assisting those affected in the mishap: PM @narendramodi"

Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has announced an ex-gratia from the Prime Minister's National Relief Fund (PMNRF) of Rs. 2 lakh for the next of kin of each deceased, along with Rs. 50,000 for those injured in the mishap in Birbhum, West Bengal.

In a post on X, the Prime Minister's Office shared:

"In the wake of the mishap in Birbhum, West Bengal, PM @narendramodi has announced Rs. 2 lakh from PMNRF for the next of kin of each deceased and Rs. 50,000 for those injured."