"Narendra Modi addresses the gathering of Anjana Chaudhary community"

Chief Minister Narendra Modi has called upon people of various communities in north Gujarat to embark on ‘Beti Bachavo’ (Save Girl Child) and ‘Pani Bachavo’ (Save Water) campaigns.

Addressing to a huge gathering of Samasta Anjana Chaudhary Samaj at Arbudadham, 20 km from Mehsana, the Chief Minister asked people to stop discriminating between boy and girl and refrain from female feticide. He also appealed farmers to save water and make use of drip irrigation as the economy in north Gujarat is based chiefly on agriculture and animal husbandry.

Pran-pratishtha mahotsav of Goddess Arbuda at Arbuda Dham, kuldevi of Samasta Anjana Chaudhary Samaj, concluded today near Gadha-Basana on Mehsana-Visnagar road. On the occasion, women of Anjana community vowed for undertaking the campaigns against female feticide and for conservation of water.

On the occasion, the Chief Minister felicitated Mr. Pratap Ganpatbhai Chaudhary, who undertook a yatra for three years for building up Arbuda Dham and for raising people’s awareness. He also distributed educational prizes to students for higher studies. Mr. Modi also greeted the community leaders and donor families.

Offering prayers at the temple of Goddess Arbuda Mr. Modi greeted the people of Chaudhary families who thronged the venue in large numbers. Mr. Modi said that it is a historical event to build a temple for social awareness and for edification purpose, and the efforts of all those who have contributed for this cause, including Mr. Pratapbhai Ganeshbhai Chaudhary is worth appreciation.

Youths of 1253 villages donated their blood and such 1253 bottles of blood was collected on the venue as a part of the celebration, which was handed over to the blood banks by the Chief Minister.

Speaking on the occasion the Chief Minister said our culture has worshiped mothers from ages in various forms such as Goddess Amba, Goddess Lakshmi, Goddess Bahuchar and Goddess Anjani, among others. It is contradictory to worship female power at one hand and to kill female fetus on the other. “With such a cultural backdrop it is necessary that our society take vow for refraining from the sin of female feticide. Besides, the female feticide will also disturb natural cycle and the gender balance in the society”, he said.

Speaking about the girls taking lead in various areas in the present times the Chief Minister said, “Nowadays the girls are seen more capable of taking care of their parents and excel in education and professions than boys.”

Referring to the farmers of Mehsana district lagging behind in using of drip irrigation comparing to their counterparts in Banaskantha, Sabarkantha and Ahmedabad the Chief Minister said the use of drip irrigation has witnessed leapfrog in last decade resulting into a huge increase in cultivable land from 12000 hectares to 12 lakh hectares. He said that since the state government gives 95% assistance to the farmers for drip irrigation setup the farmers only need to bear remaining 5%. Appealing farmers to conserve and use every drop of water Mr. Modi said the policy of ‘Per drop – more crop’ will fetch greater returns in the coming times.

Mr. Modi who hails from Vadnagar in north Gujarat also acknowledged the contribution of his teachers from Chaudhary community in shaping up of his life. The society which has such strong teachers also have might to successfully embark on the campaigns like Beti Bachavo and Pani Bachavo.

Speaking on the occasion Finance Minister Nitin Patel said the vows taken by the people of Anjana Chaudhary community today best describe their might to prosper. The community is also forefront in the field of agriculture and dairy production, he added.

Pushpa Shashtriji, sadhvi from Hariyana-Revari, pointed out that people of entire nation has rest their only hope on Mr. Narendra Modi, who has committed his life for the unity and dignity of India.

Ministers of State Parbat Patel and Rajanibhai Patel, Cooperative dairy sector leader Vipul Chaudhary, MPs, MLAs, leaders of Chaudhary community and trustees of Arbuda Dham were present on the occasion.

Explore More
No ifs and buts in anybody's mind about India’s capabilities: PM Modi on 77th Independence Day at Red Fort

Popular Speeches

No ifs and buts in anybody's mind about India’s capabilities: PM Modi on 77th Independence Day at Red Fort
India's exports growth momentum continues, services trade at all-time high in 2023-24

Media Coverage

India's exports growth momentum continues, services trade at all-time high in 2023-24
NM on the go

Nm on the go

Always be the first to hear from the PM. Get the App Now!
Social Media Corner 16th April 2024
April 16, 2024

Viksit Bharat – PM Modi’s vision for Holistic Growth