Determined Leader, Decisive Government
Executive Summary And Highlights
PUTTING POOR FIRST:
- All BPL families to get 35kg of rice or wheat every month at Rs 2 per kg. This will be available against Food Coupons redeemable both at PDS and private outlets.
- Ensure farm loans at a maximum interest rate of 4 percent.
- Waive agricultural loans.
- Introduce a Farm Income Insurance Scheme through which both price and produce will be insured
- Irrigate 35 million hectares of additional farmland within 5 years.
- Initiate special schemes for the urban poor, such as loans at 4 percent interest to poor vendors.
- Set up a “Workers Bank” to provide a safety net for unorganized sector workers.
- Revise minimum wages and ensure strict implementation of the Wages Act.
view complete Election Manifesto - 2009