Gujarat’s New Textiles Policy on the anvil to apply the 5F’s formula of farm-fiber-fabric-fashion-foreign: Narendra ModiAhmedabad, Sunday: Chief Minister Narendra Modi today said that Gujarat is on the verge of another White Revolution, this time in cotton, after the success of White Revolution in milk.
Addressing the 71st Annual General Meeting (AGM) of South Gujarat Chamber of Commerce & industries (SGCCI) in Surat, he said the Gujarat Government is finalizing a new progressive Textiles Policy in an attractive form to implement the 5F’s formula of farm-to-fiber-to-fabric-to-fashion-to-foreign markets.
He said that Gujarat is getting accolades even abroad because it decided to chart out a different path of development. A look at the NDA Government’s three years’ Report Card exposes the Centre’s all round failure in sharp contrast to Gujarat’s all round development.
Mr. Modi pointed out that Gujarat does not have iron ore or coal but leaders in steel production. Gujarat does not have diamond mines, but processes 80 per cent of the world’s rough diamond. Gujarat has earned a distinct place as ‘Made in Gujarat’ products with zero manufacturing defect and zero man-days lost.
However, he said, development alone was not enough. One must focus on education and strengthening the service sector too, particularly in the global context. Gujarat Government has started a number of skill development courses. Gujarat’s share in providing employment to youth in the country is 72 per cent, the rest of India share being 28 per cent.
Talking about Surat’s contribution to the state’s economy, he said, Surat has been traditionally focusing on foreign trade, accentuated during Vibrant Gujarat Global Investors’ Summit (VGGIS).
He said that nobody seems to have read the Central Government’s White Paper on Black Money, but there is no harm. One could safely ignore as it is as good as blank papers or contains nothing but While Lies.
Referring to spate of reactions on describing the present government at the Centre as ‘Nirbal Baba’, meaning a weakling, Mr.Modi said it is a reality.