With its “Vibrant Gujarat” campaign, the State hopes to achieve a growth rate of 15% by 2013.
March 29, 2012 Author: admin
- Gujarat is believed to have one of the fastest-growing economies in India. Its per capita GDP is almost twice the national average.
- A good industrial and manufacturing foundation, adequate investment and infrastructure and sound policies are some of the factors that have driven growth in the State over the years.
- The State has five of the country’s top postgraduate institutes and has emerged as a key educational hub.
- Gujarat has 41 ports and offers numerous opportunities for port-based industries. Around 22 per cent of Indian exports are contributed by Gujarat, says the State government.
- A power-sufficient State as it has 23 power plants and the highest per capita power consumption.
- The Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC) area, which is to be developed as a “Global Manufacturing & Trading Hub” in two phases, will be supported by world-class infrastructure and an enabling policy framework.