Here we bring to you an assortment of the media coverage on Gujarat and its recent happenings.
This section also gives you the opportunity to share media stories, blog posts and articles for others to read.
Local, national or global, if you have the story, we have the platform…
Narendra Modi-led BJP’s manifesto likely to focus on creating 250 million jobs, 100 new ‘smart’ citiesPublished By : Financial Express | March 26, 2014 # Development  # Election  # Infrastructure  # Youth
- Narendra Modi-led Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), India’s leading opposition party, would aim to create 250 million jobs over the next 10 years as part of an economic development programme that could create 100 new ‘smart’ cities
- BJP has put jobs and urbanisation at the centre of its policy pitch
- In other points, the BJP will propose introducing a national general sales tax – seen as key to getting rid of a hodge-podge of existing levies to make tax collection more effective
- This ‘shield’ promises to protect vital installations on Gujarat’s coastline be it those at Dahej in Bharuch or Hazira near Surat
- The work on this project sanctioned by the ministry of environment of Gujarat government and Coastal Zone Authority of Gujarat had started in 2012 when MSU researchers were requested to study and suggest sites where bio-shields can be developed on a priority basis.
- It was first of its kind project, which a coastal zonal authority of a state had sanctioned.
- A National Sample Survey (NSS) statistics has said that poverty level among Muslims in Gujarat has declined significantly in comparison to other States like Bihar and UP
- Kundu committee was set up by the Centre in 2013 to assess the socio-economic condition of Muslims after the adopting the Sachar report.
- Kundu report says that in rural Gujarat, Muslim population below poverty line (BPL) declined from 31 per cent in 2004-05 to 7 per cent in 2011-12
- Malaysian diplomats described Gujarat as a ‘vibrant’ state that is witnessing development
- To find out opportunities for Malaysian companies and increase trade with Gujarat, Consul General in India, Mohamed Hatimi Abas and Vice Consul Omar Salleh today visited a trade exhibition at Gujarat University Convention centre
- “We are here to encourage Malaysian corporate to increase trade with Gujarat based firms. Gujarat is a vibrant state and we see lots of development in this city. The Sabarmati river-front is very impressive” said Vice Consul Omar
- A victory for the Bharatiya Janata Party in next month’s general elections is seen powering therupee to highs last reached in 2008
- Polls show the BJP, which has projected Narendra Modi as its prime ministerial candidate, is poised to oust the incumbent Congress party, a result that would be a “catalyst” for a long-term advance in the rupee toward 40 to 45 per dollar, from 61.19 on March 14, according toAdam Gilmour, Citigroup’s head of Asia-Pacific currency and derivatives sales.
- The market view is that if Modi gets in, it will be a game-changer,” Gilmour
Shri Narendra Modi to address Public Meetings in Uttar Pradesh
- April 14, 2014 0 Comments
- April 7, 2014 0 Comments
It is the polling booth that is the biggest fort in a democracy. We have to win at the polling booth level: Narendra Modi addressing karyakartas on Vijay Sankalp DiwasApril 6, 2014 Comments Off
- April 5, 2014 0 Comments
- April 5, 2014 0 Comments
- April 1, 2014 0 Comments
Narendra Modi addresses rally in Arunachal Pradesh, urges people to sever ties with all those who have betrayed themMarch 31, 2014 0 Comments
- March 29, 2014 0 Comments
- March 27, 2014 0 Comments
- March 24, 2014 0 Comments
Modi declares 2012 ‘youth power year’ in Vivekananda year January 16, 2012
e-Mamta improves mother and child health service delivery in Gujarat February 2, 2012
Modi puts Gujarat growth on a fast track May 7, 2012
In Van Mahotsav, Modi dedicates forest to tribal martyr July 31, 2012
Gujarat’s environment ranking goes up June 5, 2012
- View All
Urdu version of Modi’s official website launched April 16, 2014
We want Narendra Modi to become PM, say Varanasi Muslims April 9, 2014
Women in Varanasi favour Modi as Prime Minister: Survey April 9, 2014
- View All